HowtoRaiseQuail.com

Raising Quail Forum
It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Chukars
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:35 am 
http://www.chukareggs.com/

I called them, and had a wonderful talk with Mike... I have 100 eggs coming next week. You should just raise your own... Smile

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:54 am 
Global Moderator

AKc,

Thanks for the link, I just saw an ad for them in my Gamebird Magazine. When you get the eggs post how the condition of them are. I also saw that B & D Farms has chukars as well, I still have a credit with them from the last batch of eggs I ordered for a neighbor that half were cracked due to postal service near me.

mark

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:07 pm 
hi mark i purchased some eggs from b&d farm like a month ago and they havent sent me any eggs yet

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:25 am 
Mark wrote:
AKc,

Thanks for the link, I just saw an ad for them in my Gamebird Magazine. When you get the eggs post how the condition of them are. I also saw that B & D Farms has chukars as well, I still have a credit with them from the last batch of eggs I ordered for a neighbor that half were cracked due to postal service near me.

mark

You bet! I'm really excited to add these birds to my program... they sound really neat. Smile
I also bought some from a member on the Backyard chickens forum (www.backyardchickens.com) - paid for 24, received 30, and only one was cracked because the PO crushed the corner of the box. Confused

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:00 am 
Global Moderator

Jorge, I would try contacting them, they are nice folks to deal with.

I wish the post office would know what the words "Fragile handle with care" means.

Mark

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:22 am 
ok i just sent them a message thanks for the help Smile ohh and heres another link to chuckar eggs www.chukarhatchery.com

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:31 am 
Global Moderator

Jorge wrote:
ok i just sent them a message thanks for the help Smile ohh and heres another link to chuckar eggs http://www.chukarhatchery.com

Thanks for the link Jorge, I have stopped by their site before.

mark

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:21 am 
I don't even mark my boxes as "hatching eggs"... I just have a neon pink sticker that says "FRAGILE - do not drop, crush or stack". I need to add a line that reminds them that the box is NOT a hockey puck. Laughing It seems like all the boxes that I received that were labeled as eggs were specifically chosen for rough handling.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:40 am 
Global Moderator

AK,

Its funny how the Post Office can crush Egg boxes, but carriers like FedEx, DHL, and so on can have boxes arrive untouched.

mark

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:43 pm 
Case in point with the Chukar eggs from Rosebud. They packaged the eggs in very thick cardboard, 1" dense foam slab on the bottom, and each egg was nestled in a snug foam core... three layers of eggs, foam, eggs, foam, eggs, foam... 16 were broken. I still have 97 eggs, because they sent 13% extra instead of only 5% like their website says, but still. The packaging was beautiful, but I think the fatal mistake was putting stickers on there that said that they were hatching eggs. Sad If I ever have to order again, I will order from them, but I will experiment and ask them not to put the label on it and see how they fare.

I did write to Mike to let him know what happened. It's not his fault that they broke, but I like to have feedback.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next