HowtoRaiseQuail.com

Raising Quail Forum
It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: FOOD!!!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:50 pm 
hi!
i'd just like to know what vegetables I could feed my european and button quails. the sites i go to keep saying vegetables. WHAT VEGETABLES!!!! and when i typed what veges do quails eat all these recipies for cooking quail came up. i don't want to eat my quails! as you can probably see i am very frustrated. also i'd like to know what male european quails look like this guy sold me a male one or what i thought was a male until it started laying eggs! could i hav a pic of one?

Thankyou (through gritted teeth).

Post subject: Re: FOOD!!!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:17 pm 
Cool I always feed my button quails cucumbers. They like that, I've heard they'll eat a tomato slice but I've never tried it. Another thing I feed them is lettuce, they love it. But I don't know much about breeding quail. Good luck seeya Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:35 am 
Cucumbers in particular. My coturnix like grapes, cut in half. Bits of apple, chickweed, sprouts, and a little lettuce. Think juicy or watery.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:47 am 
Hi Everyone,
First time posting.
I have 9 baby Button Quail and I keep them in my aviary with other birds, in their own tank. I gave them some dried Alphalfa that I have for my finches and they all seemed to gobble it right up. I was told they love scrammbled eggs as well??